Practical Strategies: Live Webinar!
Live Webinar! Practical Strategies for Increasing the Effectiveness, Efficiency and Impact of your School-Based OT Practice Beginning
Learn from Dr. Beverly Moskowitz at an upcoming BER seminar where she will share some of the occupational therapy strategies developed by Real OT Solutions®. Dr. Bev has been a pediatric occupational therapist for more than 40 years. She knows that continual professional development is necessary for occupational therapists. Her materials help children, parents, teachers, and occupational therapists work more closely. She regularly shares her expertise at specialized seminars.
To find out about the next BER seminar, by following us on social media, signing up for our newsletters or checking our website. You can also take a look at the occupational therapy courses we offer, click on the specific topic to learn more, then register.
These BER Seminars Will Improve Your Occupational Therapy Practice
Dr. Bev is a national lecturer, and she offers two BER seminars that help occupational therapy professionals improve their knowledge and skills. She developed and tested each program and webinar to help you broaden your knowledge and improve your competence. The seminars are:
Practical Strategies to Increase the Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Impact of your School-based Occupational Therapy Practice
- Identify practical, evidence-based strategies to increase your effectiveness and efficiency as a school-based occupational therapist ;
- Utilize proven techniques to help you gain greater control of your caseload schedule and referral stream;
- Discuss alternative delivery models, like collaboration and push in treatment, as per the Least Restrictive Environment mandates;
- Identify ways to promote and graduate students from OT service with respect to frequency, individual versus group and direct versus indirect treatment;
- Expand your “bag of tricks” with adaptations, accommodations, interventions, and technologies that range from inexpensive to free;
- Describe how you can inspire teachers, administrators, students, and parents to integrate your suggestions into their daily routines;
- Recognize timesaving techniques for simplifying data collection and documentation with quick, quantifiable or qualitative scale;
- Identify appropriate satiating or calming tools that can be used with sensory seekers, hyperactive students or labile students;
- Select the best collaboration strategies to communicate more effectively with teachers and parents from students’ intake to graduation;
- Skillfully examine meaningful aids, services, modifications, training, and technology that allow students with disabilities and students at risk to remain in their general education classrooms.
Time-Saving Strategies to Integrate your OT Interventions into Classrooms and Accelerate the Success of your School-based OT Practice. These strategies are designed for OTs and OTAs to:
- Treat fine motor, manipulative, movement, sensory and handwriting issues during instructional time;
- Provide meaningful interventions in real settings, including the hallway, cafeteria, library, bus or playground;
- Understand the benefits of rubrics, and how to develop and use them;
- Write Specially Designed instructional goals that ensure adequate training;
- Identify strategies to promote participation, independence and executive functioning in the classroom;
- Employ effective strategies to communicate and collaborate with teachers.
Conference for School-based Occupational Therapists
At the end of this conference, participants who attend Dr. Bev’s sessions will be able to:
- Increase Your Impact, Effectiveness, and Efficiency with the SETT, WATI and WLPS;
- Move from a Caseload to a Workload Model;
- Employ Highly Effective OT Strategies that Get Your Students Moving!;
- Promote Participation, Function, Motor Skills, Attention, Access, and Relaxation through fun Make it/Take it labs;
- Address Your Volume of Handwriting Referrals More Effectively;
- Integrate OT Interventions Across the Curriculum and Accelerate the Success of Your School-Based OT Practice;
- Gain Ideas for Low-Incidence Populations.
READ OUR CLARIFICATION & CANCELLATION POLICIES